Northern Health pinpoints new measles exposure location in Fort St. John
Northern Health said a measles exposure occurred between 9 p.m. on August 28th and 1 a.m. on August 29th at the Fort St. John Hospital.

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The region’s health authority has announced a new measles exposure within Fort St. John.
Northern Health issued the notice on Friday, August 29th at 4:11 p.m. on Facebook, citing another measles exposure at the emergency department of Fort St. John Hospital.
The exposure occurred between 9 p.m. on Thursday evening, August 28th and 1 a.m. on Friday, August 29th.
It advises anyone who may have been exposed to monitor for symptoms, which first surface between seven and 21 days after exposure.
They include fever, runny nose, coughing and red watery eyes. A rash with red spots and blotchy patches starts on the face and spreads to the body, arms and legs.
So far in 2025, there have been 171 confirmed cases of the illness in the Northern Health region, according to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) latest numbers on August 28th. That’s more than 73 per cent of the total number of confirmed measles cases in B.C., which sits at 233.
It said there are eight cases currently active in the region, which means a patient whose rash has appeared within the last four days, or their symptoms started within the last 10 days if they don’t have a rash.
Latest Stories
Measles is very contagious and can spread easily, including through the air and if an infected person coughs, breathes or sneezes.
The virus can also survive in small droplets in the air for several hours, or a person can be infected by sharing food, drinks, cigarettes, vaping machines or by kissing.
The latest numbers can be found on the BCCDC’s website.
Anyone who believes they may have measles is urged to contact their primary care provider.
Stay connected with local news
Make us your
home page
