Energeticcity is the voice of the Peace. But we need your help. Give $10 a month today and be the reason we can cover the next story!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The Peace River Regional District (PRRD) has changed the size of the evacuation orders and alerts for the Donnie Creek wildfire.
The following areas are under an evacuation alert:
- Nig Creek and North of Nig Creek on the Beatton Airport Road,
- North of 24 km on Tommy Lakes Road,
- East of Highway 97 from Mile 120 to Trutch,
- Including all areas within 20 km of the Donnie Creek Evacuation Order Area.
The following areas are under an evacuation order:
- North of the Beatton River on Tommy Lakes Road and the Beatton Airport Road,
- North of Grewatsch Creek on PDR 22,
- Extending North to the border with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality.
The Donnie Creek wildfire combined with the West Conroy Creek, Hockey Creek and Katah Creek wildfires, and is now approximately 118,000 hectares.
For the latest information on alerts and orders in the PRRD, visit its website.
Thanks for Reading!
Energeticcity.ca is the voice of the Peace, bringing issues that matter to the forefront with independent journalism. Our job is to share the unique values of the Peace region with the rest of B.C. and make sure those in power hear us. From your kids’ lemonade stand to natural resource projects, we cover it–but we need your support.
Give $10 a month to Energeticcity.ca today and be the reason we can cover the next story.