Fire crews respond to smoke in FSJ apartment

Fort St. John Fire crews were busy again last night responding to reports of smoke in a local apartment building.

Fire Chief Fred Burrows said the fire department received calls from two residents of Whistler Lodge Apartments on 95th Ave and 103rd St saying that the building’s fire alarm was sounding and the building was filling with smoke.

Fire crews arrived at the building and quickly located the unit the smoke was originating from. Inside, they found several intoxicated persons had passed out shortly after placing their work boots to dry inside the apartment’s oven.

RCMP confirm one person was arrested for being intoxicated in a public place after attempting to go back into the smoking building. However, that person was released without charges after a night in custody.

Do you have a news tip or a story idea?

Send it our way!

This site uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.