DAWSON CREEK, B.C. — The Dawson Creek Fire Department responded to a cooking fire early Monday morning.

Fire Chief Marcel Capelle says the hallways were full of smoke, attributed to burnt food in a tenant’s suite.

In the same building, firefighters assisted with a minor medical situation that the smoke may have caused.

Firefighters also attended and successfully extinguished another grass fire behind Prince Subdivision.

Avatar photo

Shailynn Foster

Shailynn Foster is a news reporter for energeticcity.ca. Shailynn has been writing since she was 7 years old, but only recently started her journey as a journalist. Shailynn was born and raised in Fort St. John and she watches way too much YouTube, Netflix and Disney+ during the week while playing DND on the weekends.