GoFundMe set up to help couple that lost home to fire on New Year’s Eve

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A GoFundMe has been created to help a couple who lost their home to a fire on New Year’s…

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A GoFundMe has been created to help a couple who lost their home to a fire on New Year’s Eve.

Joe and Bonnie Bayda live north of Fort St. John on the Red Creek Road. Just after noon on December 31, 2020, their home suddenly caught fire. According to family members, the grandson of the elderly couple saved the grandmother and had enough time to grab her oxygen tank.

Neighbour Annette Alexander adds that everyone, including a dog, was able to get out safely. The only one that was unaccounted for after the fire was a cat that lived inside the home.

The couple doesn’t have insurance, and they have lost everything in the fire.

Family members have created a GoFundMe to help the couple start over.

Click here to donate.

Do you have a news tip or a story idea?

Send it our way!

This site uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.