Support Fort St John News

New Brunswick health officials have announced nine new COVID-19 cases on Monday.

All are located in the region of Campbellton, N.B., also known as Zone 5, and bring the total number of active cases in the province to 24.

Dr. Jennifer Russell, New Brunswick’s chief medical officer of health, said eight of the new cases are linked to the ongoing outbreak at Manoir de la Vallée in Atholville, N.B.

The cluster of active cases has been traced back to a doctor who contracted the virus in Quebec and did not self-isolate upon his return to New Brunswick.

READ MORE: N.B. reports another case at Campbellton-area long-term care home

One case remains under investigation and contact-tracing is being conducted.

Story continues below advertisement

So far the outbreak has resulted in the death of one person, Daniel Oullette, a resident at Manoir de la Vallée.

Staff and residents at the long-term care home continue to undergo regular testing.

“We can never eliminate all risks,” said Russell, at the provincial update on Monday.

Advertisement

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-2199808-26’); });  » READ MORE FROM GLOBAL NEWS

Report an error

Read our guiding principles

Thanks for reading!

Energeticcity.ca is the voice of the Peace, bringing issues that matter to the forefront with independent journalism. Our job is to share the unique values of the Peace region with the rest of B.C. and make sure those in power hear us. From your kids’ lemonade stand to natural resource projects, we cover it – but we need your support. Give $10 a month to Energeticcity.ca today and be the reason we can cover the next story. 

More stories you might like