DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – The South Peace Economic Development Commission has initiated the launch of a local business directory in Dawson Creek.
“The program allows resource projects to easily find and engage with local businesses through an online platform. This is an essential tool for local contracting programs in the South Peace region.”
It’s free for a South Peace business to certify or join the directory since the online tool is sponsored by Community Futures Peace Liard. The South Peace Local Business online certification process is administered by the City of Dawson Creek.
To be eligible for the South Peace Local Business certificate companies must meet the following requirements:
- The company must have a physical presence in the Peace River South Electoral District
- The company must provide local employment to at least one resident living in Peace River South
- The company must have a valid Peace River South (Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, Pouce Coupe) business license
- Rural based companies are eligible to be included in the database by inputing their physical “911 address” to verify they are located in the rural south peace area
Local South Peace businesses can become certified in three easy steps:
- Create an online account at https://certvine.com/Register
- Add company information for profile page (company name, contact information, description and services provided) by following the online registration wizard
- Complete South Peace Local Business certificate questionnaire and submit
You can search for local businesses by visiting https://certvine.com/SouthPeace.