Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
TAYLOR, B.C. – The 2017 Worlds Invitational Gold Panning Championships take place during the upcoming August long weekend in Taylor.
The 2016 Class “A” winner was Dave Coupland from Nisku AB and Tyson Gejdos from Grande Prairie was the runner up.
There are multiple categories that those interested in competing can enter:
- Class “A”—Certified Professional
- Class “B”—Non Professional
- Class “C”—Adult/Juvenile
- Metal Detecting—Adult/Juvenile
- Juvenile Open—14 and under
The fees for events are as follows:
- Class “A”: $25
- Class “B”: $15
- Class “C”: $5 Adult/$2 Juvenile
- Media/Celebrity/Sponsor FREE
- Claimstaking: $3 Adult/$2 Juvenile
- Metal Detecting: $5 Adult/$2 Juvenile
- Juvenile Open (ages 10-14): $5
- Pan for Gold: $3
- Bannock Baking: $5
- Candy Rush: $3 (14 and under)
- All Out Pan Out: $5
To view the full schedule and brochure, visit http://www.districtoftaylor.com/images/uploads/2017_Gold_Brochure.pdf.
The District of Taylor will also host a Gold Panning Championship Community Parade on Friday, August 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The parade is scheduled to start at the Taylor Arena Parking Lot. For more information, visit http://www.districtoftaylor.com/taylor-events/detail/gold-panning-championship-community-parade.
Thanks for reading!
Our goal is to cover all the local news and events happening in Northeast B.C. If you believe in this coverage, becoming a Supporter is a great way to help!
As a Supporter, you also get our investigative stories early and a FREE mug!