This holiday season, all of our Supporters are entered to win an $800 Shopping Spree Giveaway!

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Northeast BC/Yukon Trackers got three out of six points in a trio of close games during this past weekend’s road trip to the Edmonton region.

The Trackers faced off against the St. Albert Blues on Friday night to start the trip. The team had a slow start for the first half of the game, and the Blues made them pay with a pair of goals in the first period, and another less than four minutes into the second. After that third goal, coach David Johnston pulled Tyler McArthur to spark the team. The tactic seemed to work, as midway through the frame Connor Bowie got the Trackers on the board with a goal assisted by Curtis Hammond and Cooper Beamish. St. Albert scored a fourth goal with two minutes left in the stanza to put the home team up 4-1. In the third, the Trackers continued to come alive. Beamish scored at 3:51 assisted by Aiden Craigs-Steele, before Craig-Steele added a third goal with 33 seconds left in the frame. A close play at the net was unsuccessful as the Trackers fell 4-3.

On Saturday against the KC Colts, the Trackers again had to battle back from a deficit after the first. The Colts led 2-1 despite a late goal from Joel Bourgeois assisted by Craig-Steele. After falling behind 3-1 early in the second, Bourgeois scored his second of the game assisted by Bowie and Nick Vanderploeg with 13:13 remaining in the period. Less than a minute later, Aiden Craigs-Steele tied things up at 3 apice on a feed from Ethan Lindberg and Garyn Waldie. Though Bowie made it 4-3 Trackers after scoring with 3:1 left, the Colts had an answer 30 seconds later to keep the game tied. Bourgeois and Vanderploeg had the assists on that tally.

In the third, both teams would add points. Vanderplog evened things up at the 15-minute mark helped by Cooper Willms and Keenan Halverson. The game ended tied 5-5.

Sunday saw the Trackers overcome yet another first period deficit to mount a comeback. Nick Vanderploeg and Connor Bowie both scored early in the period to give the Trackers a 2-1 lead helped by Aiden Craig-Steele and Connor Kindrat respectively.

Logan Kimmie made it 3-1 in the first half of the third period assisted by Garyn Waldie, before the South Side Athletic Club whittled the lead once again to just one goal. In the final minute, Bowie scored his second of the game on a feed from Kindrat to add some insurance as the Trackers went on to a 4-2 win.

The Trackers are back on home ice this weekend in Fort St. John for a pair of games against the St. Albert Crusaders and the Grande Prairie Athletic Club Storm. Saturday’s game starts at 1:45 p.m., while Sunday’s game starts at 1:15 p.m. Both puck drops are at the Pomeroy Sport Centre.

Report an error

Read our guiding principles

Thanks for reading!

This holiday season, we want to give back to the people who have supported us this year!

We have partnered with local businesses to create an $800 Shopping Spree Giveaway! One of our Supporters will win the giveaway on December 2 and anyone who becomes one by December 1 will be entered to win as well.

More stories you might like