Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Members of the Fort St. John Fire Department were called out this afternoon after a report of a gas leak at a duplex in the city’s north end.
Deputy Fire Chief Darrell Blades said that the call came into the department about a possible gas leak at a duplex in the 11200 block of 89A St. at approximately 1:00 p.m. Upon arrival, Blades said that crews swept both sides of the duplex searching for signs of a leak.
As of 1:25 this afternoon, crews were unable to detect any signs of a leak, and were waiting for the arrival of crews from Pacific Northern Gas to do a final sweep of the building before giving the all-clear. Crews from PNG were seen arriving on the scene shortly thereafter to conduct the sweep.
Thanks for reading!
Our goal is to cover all the local news and events happening in Northeast B.C. If you believe in this coverage, becoming a Supporter is a great way to help!
As a Supporter, you also get our investigative stories early and a FREE mug!