Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Senior Flyers schedule for the upcoming 2016-2017 North Peace Hockey League season has been released, along with news that the Manning Comets won’t be playing this season.
The NPHL’s Statistician Chris Clegg made the announcement that the Comets will not be this upcoming season on Saturday. In the announcement, NPHL President Jack McAvoy stated that the Comets were granted the leave of absence due to the team having a lack of committed players. Other teams were informed of Manning’s position at the league meeting Wednesday, Sept. 28 in Fairview.
With the Comets not playing this season, the eight remaining teams in the league will be playing 24 games this season, starting on Saturday, October 29th. The Flyers will be hosting Grande Prarie that evening. The Flyers’ full schedule can be found below, with home games in bold.
- Saturday, October 29th vs. Grande Prairie
- Thursday, November 3rd at Spirit River
- Saturday, November 5th vs. Falher
- Thursday, November 10th at Grande Prairie
- Saturday, November 12th at High Prairie
- Thursday, November 17th vs. Dawson Creek
- Saturday, November 19th vs. Valleyview
- Thursday, November 24th vs. Spirit River
- Saturday, November 26th at Falher
- Tuesday, November 29th at Dawson Creek
- Thursday, December 1st vs. Grande Prairie
- Saturday, December 3rd at Grimshaw
- Thursday, December 8th at Grande Prairie
- Saturday, December 10th vs. Dawson Creek
- Thursday, December 15th vs. Spirit River
- Saturday, December 17th at Valleyview
- Tuesday, January 3rd at Dawson Creek
- Thursday, January 5th at Spirit River
- Saturday, January 7th vs. Grimshaw
- Tuesday, January 10th vs. Dawson Creek
- Thursday, January 12th at Grande Prairie
- Thursday, January 19th vs. Spirit River
- Saturday, January 21st vs. High Prairie
- Thursday, January 26th at Dawson Creek
Thanks for reading!
Our goal is to cover all the local news and events happening in Northeast B.C. If you believe in this coverage, becoming a Supporter is a great way to help!
As a Supporter, you also get our investigative stories early and a FREE mug!