PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. – The Prince George RCMP announced that a prolific offender in that community has been arrested, and is facing multiple firearm- and drug-related charges.
On Saturday at approximately 7:30 a.m., the Prince George RCMP were called to a report of a domestic disturbance at a home on Lorne Crescent. After officers lawfully entered the residence, two persons were arrested and two search warrants were obtained to search the home where police found, among other items of evidence:
- Four handguns, two fully loaded and one with a silencer;
- Three long guns with ammunition;
- Various bags of ammunition;
- Bear spray (x2) & Brass knuckles
- Closed circuit cameras
- Large amount of cash
- Four cell phones
- Illicit drugs including methamphetamine, Cocaine and Marihuana
- Drug trafficking paraphernalia
25 year-old Ryan John Moore, and 26 year-old Kathleen Rose Slater have both been charged with:
- Storing Firearms, Prohibited Weapons, Restricted Weapons and Prohibited Devices in a Careless Manner.
- Possession of loaded Prohibited Firearms and loaded Restricted Firearms, without Authorization.
- Storing Firearms and Restricted Weapons in a manner contrary to Regulations.
- Three counts of possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Moore, who is well-known to police, has also been charged with Possession of Firearms While Prohibited. He was remanded in custody until his first appearance which was scheduled for yesterday. Slater was released on a Promise to Appear in Court on August 17th.
Investigators will be looking into the possibility that these weapons have been used in other offences including the recent spike in shootings in Prince George.
Anyone with information about either of these two individuals being involved in illegal activity are asked to contact the Prince George RCMP at (250) 561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-8477.