HUDSON’S HOPE, B.C. – Northern Health is looking to fill a full-time physician role for people in Hudson’s Hope. They are also looking to hire a nurse practitioner for the community.
The Hudson’s Health Centre will be open for the month of August, however there will be no doctor. During this time, Northern Health is encouraging patients to use other health services in Chetwynd and Fort St. John.
Northern Health says they do have doctor coverage for the months of September and October, but is looking for a long-term doctor to come into the centre. They are currently in the process of recruiting a doctor to Hudson’s Hope.
In the meantime, Northern Health says to utilize the options below when health care is needed.
- If you require urgent care, please call 9-1-1.
- You can book an appointment with a physician or nurse practitioner at the North Peace Primary Care Clinic 250.262.5210 or the Chetwynd Primary Care Clinic 250.788.7300. Make sure to call ahead to check the clinic’s hours or book an appointment as appropriate.
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 for confidential health information and non-emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For deaf and hearing-impaired assistance (TTY), call 7-1-1.
- If you have a cold, ask your pharmacist for advice about over-the-counter medications to ease your symptoms.
- If you have concerns about your mental health, call the Community Response Unit at 250-565-2668.
- If you are concerned about a possible poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance, call Poison Control at 1-800-567-8911.