GRANDE PRAIRIE, ALBERTA – Grande Prairie RCMP arrested a man yesterday wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant as well as other charges.
RCMP’s Crime Reduction Unit and General Investigative services worked together to arrest Derek Plourde.
Plourde was driving near Courtyard Apartments on 94 Avenue. He was approached by RCMP and tried to flee.
RCMP arrested him without further incident.
Plourde was wanted on a outstanding Canada Wide Warrant for breaching his parole conditions.
He is charged with the following charges as well as his warrant:
- Two counts of Flight from Police
- Two counts of Possession for the Purpose Trafficking
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Two counts of Drive Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Drive Unregistered Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Display Improper License Plate
Plourde is to appear in court today.