CHETWYND, B.C. – The district of Chetwynd announced today that they have cancelled the previously issued state of emergency.
The statement says they have now seen receding water levels in rivers and waterways. They expressed those around waterways to be cautious as there has been quite a bit of erosion from all the water.
The city also gave a general overall update of the city, and how things are looking.
- All flood advisories have been removed
- Chetwynd has not issued any evacuations
- Nicholson Road South (46th street) is now open, but use caution as erosion has occurred
- The Peace River Regional District is holding a town hall meeting June 21st at 7:00 pm
- The Peace River Regional District is also organizing a resiliency centre in Chetwynd. More information will be available at the town hall meeting on Tuesday night.