DAWSON CREEK, B.C. — An evacuation alert has been issued again by Peace River Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre for the area near the Beatton Airport Road fire.
The alert affects these areas:
- East on the 254 Road (Montney Highway) from Alaska Highway to 281 Road
- North on the 281 Road to the 256 Road
- East on the 256 Road to the east side of the Prespatou Road
- North on the Prespatou Road to where it crosses the Blueberry River
- West along the Blueberry River south of Blueberry First Nations to where the Blueberry River crosses the Beatton Airport Road
- South along the Beatton Airport Road to the west side of the Alaska Highway
- South along the west side of the Alaska Highway to 254 (Montney) Highway An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions. Anyone effected by the alert should be ready for evacuation, and do the following:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure. •
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250 784-3200.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres. Further information will be issued as it arrives or should the situation change.