FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Blueberry First Nation is also under an evacuation order due to the Beatton Airport Road Fire.
The Band made the announcement late Sunday evening telling all residents should leave immediately and head to the North Peace Arena in Fort St. John for support. You can also call the evacuation centre in Fort St. John at 250-794-3310.
If you plan to stay with family you will still need to check-in with the evacuation centre.
The Beatton Airport Road fire saw increased activity on Sunday after a cold front moved into the area and caused increased winds.
The following area outside the Blueberry is also under an evacuation order:
- From approximately Mile 77 on the Alaska Highway where it meets Kitt Road, northwest approximately 9 km and then northeast to junction of the Beatton Airport Road and Aitken Creek Road, east along the Buick Creek Road to the Prespatou Road, south along the Prespatou Road to just south of the 264 Road and generally west to the Alaska Highway
Including all properties along the following roads:
- Prespatou Road from just south of the junction with the 264 Road to just north of the Buick CreekRoad
- Buick Creek Road from Prespatou Road to Beatton Airport Road
- From approximately 8km on the Beatton Airport Road to the junction with Aitken Creek Road
- Museum Road, Museum Way, Rodeo Road, Wurzburger Avenue, Otto Avenue and Elevator Road
- Blueberry Res Road and Carter Road off of the Buick Creek Road
- 272 Road off of the Prespatou Road
- 277 Road off of the 272 Road
- 277 Road and 281 Road off of the 264 Road
- 264 Road off of the 279 Road
- Kitt Road, Evergreen Road, and Letkiman Avenue
There are 136 civic addresses under the evacuation order. Here is the map of the area.
Here is the area now under an evacuation alert.
- East from the junction of the Prespatou Road and Buick Creek Road to the Beatton River, south along the Beatton River to just south of the 264 Road, west along the 264 to just east of the Prespatou Road and then north to the junction of the Prespatou Road and Buick Creek Road.
Includes all properties on the following roads:
- 264 Road east of the Prespatou Road
- 269 Road, 267 Road, 263 Road and 259 Road off of the 264 Road
- 266 Road, 268 Road, 270 Road off of the Rose Prairie Road
- 267 Road, 269 Road and Bergen Road off of the Rose Prairie Road
- Berrensheim Road off of Bergen Road
There are 95 civic addresses under the evacuation alert. Here is a map of the evacuation alert area.