FORT ST. JOHN – After the Peace River North nomination meeting scheduled for last Saturday was postponed, the BC Liberal Party has announced a revised schedule.
The nomination to succeed outgoing Peace River North MLA Pat Pimm was originally scheduled for May 8th, but was postponed due to an escalation of the wildfire situation in the region.
Extended voting opportunities will take place:
In Fort St. John at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, located at 11308 Alaska Rd. in the following rooms:
- Thursday, May 12th (Breakfast Room) from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Friday, May 13th (Kenny Room) from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Saturday, May 14th (Sterling Room) from 10:15*am to 2:00 pm
In Fort Nelson at the Woodlands Inn in the Spruce Room, located 3995 50 Ave S.
- Thursday, May 12th from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 13th from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
In Hudson’s Hope at the Pearkes Centre in Room 102, located at 10801 Dudley Dr.
- Friday, May 13th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Fort St. John mayor Lori Ackerman, and fellow Fort St. John Coun. Dan Davies are both vying for the nomination, and are set to deliver their final speeches in the Sterling Room at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre on Saturday, May 14th between 10:00 and 10:15 am.
Voting closes at 2:00 PM the same day, with the final results to be announced on the BC Liberal Party Twitter and Facebook pages once the votes are tallied.