Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District has lifted the evacuation alert for Charlie Lake, Montney and Rose Prairie.
The alert was issued after snow and rain allowed crews to make progress on the Beatton Airport Road fire. An evacuation alert remains in place for the following area:
- Red Creek Road
- 254 Road from the Alaska Highway east to the 281 Road
- 289 Road, 287 Road, 285 Road, 283 Road and 281 Road all north from the 254 Road
- 256 Road from 281 Road to Prespatou Road
- North on the Prespatou Road from 256 Road south west along the Blueberry River, crossing the Beatton Airport Road, to the junction of the Aitken Creek Road, south along Aitken Creek Road to Alaska Highway
- Following Red Creek south adjacent to the Alaska Highway to Red Creek Road including a portion of the Lower Cache Road
- 260 Road off the Alaska Highway, and 260 Road west of the Prespatou Road
- Beatton Airport Road to the Blueberry River
- 272 Road of the Prespatou Road
- 277 Road off 272 Road
- 277 Road north off the 256 Road
- 279 Road between the 262 Road and 264 Road
- 264 Road, 260 Road, 258 Road all west of the Prespatou Road
The area listed above was under an evacuation order, but that was also lifted Sunday morning and replaced with this alert.
This map shows the two evacuation alerts that remain in place and the approximate location of the two fires.
Thanks for reading!
Our goal is to cover all the local news and events happening in Northeast B.C. If you believe in this coverage, becoming a Supporter is a great way to help!
As a Supporter, you also get our investigative stories early and a FREE mug!