Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District has ended an evacuation alert for the area 2km north of the Doig River First Nation.
The other evacuation orders and alerts remain in place for the Beatton and Siphon Creek fires.
The alert has been lifted for the following area.:
• Doig Road for 2.5 km east and west of Doig River First Nations
• North from Doig Road along Osborn River to a point perpendicular to the northern tip of Siphon Creek Road
• East for 11 km
• North for 4 km to Osborn River
• West for 18 km to the east edge of District Lot 443
• South for 17 km crossing Doig Road 2.5 km west of Doig River First Nations to east edge of Doig River Continuing 2.5 km north east to point where Doig Road crossed Doig River
Although the Peace River Regional District’s Evacuation Alert is no longer in effect, the Wildfire Management Branch will continue to monitor the area.
Report fire sightings or the smell of smoke to 1-800-663-555 or *5555 on cellular networks. Please go to www.bcwildfire.ca for updates.
Thanks for reading!
Our goal is to cover all the local news and events happening in Northeast B.C. If you believe in this coverage, becoming a Supporter is a great way to help!
As a Supporter, you also get our investigative stories early and a FREE mug!