TAYLOR, B.C. — An evacuation alert is still in place for the following area of South Taylor Hill in Electoral Area D (attached map):
- Johnson Road
- Big Bam Road
- 249 Road off Johnson Road
- 249 Road off 230 Road
- Pingle Creek Road
- 232 Road (Lythall Road)
- Travis Subdivision
- 230 Road west of the Alaska Highway and east of the Alaska Highway to the junction of the 247 Road
- 257 Road off of the 230 Road
- 251 Road between 230 Road and 228 Road
- Addresses along the 228 Road from 66275 228 Road to 5482 228 Road
- Addresses along the 247 Road from 2578 247 Road to the 230 Road
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Upon notification of an alert, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250 784-3200.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued as it arrives or should the situation change.