DAWSON CREEK, B.C. — While evacuation alerts for South Taylor Hill, Charlie Lake, and Baldonnel have been lifted, the Peace River Regional District is stressing that the Beatton Airport Road area is still under an evacuation alert.
The affected places under alert is described as the area from 12501 Highway 97N south to the intersection at 258 Road, East to the intersection of 283 Road, North 6.5 km continuing Northwest 9 km to the Beatton Airport Road, West to 14962 PDR 204 back to 12501 at Highway 97N.
Upon notification of an alert, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250 784-3200.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.