BALDONNEL, B.C. — Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Peace River Regional District has kept an evacuation alert for Baldonnel in place, for the following areas:
- 242 Road between the 249 Road and the 241 Road
- 241 Road between the 2424 Road and the 283 Road
- Just north of the 283 Road between the 241 Road and 249 Road
- 249 Road between the 283 Road and 242 Road
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Upon notification of an alert, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
- Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250 784-4838.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued as it arrives or should the situation change.