BALDONNEL, B.C. — A local family is extending their thanks to the community after it stepped up to help them in their time of need.
Miriam and Marty Kjos said that the fire that sparked in Baldonnel on Monday came to the edge of their property, and multiple people and companies came to their help to evacuate them and their livestock.
“I am humbled at the selflessness of local company’s that jumped to the community aid as well as neighbour’s who left there places that had just burned to run 2 miles and blow water on a house that was within 6 feet of going up in flames…so very proud of the young men and women in our community as well,” the post reads.
Baldonnel is currently under an evacuation alert, with the order being lifted earlier this week.