NWT Mounties say 2 in critical condition after ingesting unknown substance

TUKTOYAKTUK, N.W.T. — Mounties say two people are in critical condition after ingesting a toxic substance in Tuktoyaktuk, N.W.T.

RCMP say one person was unconscious and the other appeared to be intoxicated when they were brought to the medical centre in Tuktoyaktuk on Tuesday.

The condition of both patients deteriorated and they were transported to Edmonton for further treatment.

Police say they believe both people ingested a noxious substance, but don’t know what it is.

Police say the substance may have been antifreeze, glycol, isopropanol, wood alcohol or home-brewed alcohol. 

They are asking anyone with information to call them.

 

The Canadian Press

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.