This holiday season, all of our Supporters are entered to win an $800 Shopping Spree Giveaway!

MONTREAL — A 73-year-old woman is dead following a fire Tuesday morning in an apartment building in northwest Montreal.

Firefighters were called to the building in the Pierrefonds district just before 2 a.m. and evacuated hundreds of people.

The woman’s body was found in her apartment, where the fire started, possibly due to a lit cigarette.

There was no one else in the apartment and the fire was quickly extinguished.

No one was injured during the evacuation and residents were later allowed to return to their units.

 

The Canadian Press

Report an error

Read our guiding principles

Thanks for reading!

This holiday season, we want to give back to the people who have supported us this year!

We have partnered with local businesses to create an $800 Shopping Spree Giveaway! One of our Supporters will win the giveaway on December 2 and anyone who becomes one by December 1 will be entered to win as well.

More stories you might like