Destination BC is partnering up with the Fort St. John Tourism Board to offer seminars – which are aimed to help businesses manage their social media presences better for far away customers – at the Pomeroy Sport Centre this October.
The reason for these seminars is because tourists now rely on social media, such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, to decide where to take their business in a new place – so “online reputation management has become a critical function for tourism businesses,” says the Tourism Board.
The first seminar covers the fundamentals, including:
- How social media has changed traveller behaviour
- Managing profiles on key review sites, including TripAdvisor, Google Business and Yelp
- Tools for monitoring reviews and social media mentions
- Using customer feedback to guide improvements to your business
- Best practices in responding to online reviews
- How to generate positive reviews
The advanced seminar will cover:
- Search, social media and content marketing
- Brand storytelling in text, photos and video
- Building and engaging social media communities and advocates
- Managing and preventing negative content, threats and crises
- Analyzing performance and measuring return on investment
The seminars are free, but a non-attendance fee can be issued for those that register and don’t show up.
Businesses that are interested can RSVP through the Tourism Board Chairman, by email (email@example.com) or by phone (250-785-6214.)
September 21st is the last day to register.