The Chetwynd Hospital will have limited coverage for patients seeking emergency medical attention during the month of August.
Nurses will still be available to provide patients with an initial assessment and triage but during the limited schedule no physician will be available.
Here are the dates where there will be limited physician coverage:
– July 31, 2015 5:00 p.m. to August 2, 2015 8:00 a.m.
– August 4, 20155:00 p.m. to August 5, 20158:00 a.m.
– August 7, 20155:00 p.m. to August 9, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
– August 19, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) to August 21, 20158:00 a.m.
– August 21, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. to August 23, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
– August 26, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. to August 27, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
Patients seeking emergency medical attention are advised to go to a nearby hospital in either Dawson Creek or Fort St. John. Transportation can be arranged by calling 9-1-1 or by traveling privately.
If a patient is looking for medical attention in the area but their needs aren’t urgent they are advised to visit the Chetwynd Primary Care Clinic. That facility operates on a walk-in basis and is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Chetwynd Hospital is the only emergency department affected by the limited emergency department coverage.