According to the Municipality, there is no immediate danger at this time, but because of the potential danger to life and health the alert has been issued.
The alert covers the community of Prophet River an area bounded by the latitudes 58 58.00’N to 58 15.00’N and longitudes 122 30.0’W to 122 45.0’W. The entire Klua Lakes protected area is also included. See the map below.
Residents in the area, should be prepared to evacuate if required. Here are a few things to help prepare for an evacuation:
- Locate all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called and your separated.
- Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers and keepsakes
- Prepare to move pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arrange possible accommodation
- Monitor local news sources for more information on any possible evacuation.
For more information, contact the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality at 250-774-2541. You can also watch this page for updates or www.northernrockies.ca