Morning electrical fire at Mondo Restaurant in Fort St. John

Fort St. John Fire Chief Fred Burrows says whatever did cause the fire first caused a heavy draw.

“The wiring in the mast – and the mast being the point from where the metre sets is set into the wall up to the top where the wires come into the building – caused all the wiring in the galvanized pipe to melt down,” explains Burrows.

There was a heavy presence of smoke when firefighters were on scene, but Burrows says there are no reported injuries and minimal damage to the building.

A dozen firefighters attacked the blaze, which took about an hour; some of the timed needed to allow B.C. Hydro to cut power to the building.

 

 

Do you have a news tip or a story idea?

Send it our way!

This site uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.