This program will allow eligible applicants to receive priority processing of both their B.C. PNP application, and if nominated, their permanent residence application.
The Province says this will have several benefits for the economy and labour marketing including faster processing. The program will allow another 1,350 skilled immigrants into the province.
Express Entry British Columbia requires applicants to meet the minimum criteria for one of B.C.’s three new categories:
1. Express Entry British Columbia – Skilled Workers (including Health Care Professionals)
2. Express Entry British Columbia – International Graduates
3. Express Entry British Columbia – International Post Graduates
A part of these new requirements includes satisfying CIC’s criteria for one of its three federal economic immigration programs via the new federal Express Entry system including the:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program
3. Canadian Experience Class
These federal categories include meeting a mandatory language proficiency level, demonstrating sufficient funds to support the applicant and their family, and may also include an independent educational credential assessment for equivalency with Canadian standards.
To find out more about the Express Entry British Columbia program, visit: www.welcomebc.ca/pnp
Do you have a news tip or a story idea?
Send it our way!