Out of respect for their families, their names were not released to the public. 

Witnesses reported hearing a large explosion sometime between 10 and 10:15 p.m. and found the trailer at 9207 82 Street engulfed in flames. Police said one neighbour tried to enter the home to help any occupants, but was unable due to the intense flames and heat. 

Due to the amount of damage to the trailer, it was difficult to determine the exact cause, but the Fort St. John Fire Department believed the gas explosion was likely due to a leak near the furnace.