Dawson Creek garage fire related to smoking, not electrical issue

The fire department was called to the scene in the 800 block of 104th Avenue around 7:30 p.m., where they found heavy smoke and flames coming out of the front of the building. They were able to contain the fire quickly, and stopped it from spreading to any other buildings, although its contents were destroyed. No injuries were reported. 

The public is reminded to take care when smoking while working in storage areas and when disposing of cigarette butts.


Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.

About Erica Fisher 4010 Articles

Erica is a reporter for Moose FM and energeticcity.ca in Fort St. John, B.C. She grew up in Victoria, B.C. and received her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec.