House fire in Dawson Creek leaves resident and dog homeless

Both the resident and his pet weren’t home at the time, and had been seen by neighbours leaving earlier. 

The fire was extinguished within minutes, and investigators have determined it was started by overloaded electrical equipment. Using ULC approved power bars is recommended to avoid tragedies like this in the future.


Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.

About Erica Fisher 4010 Articles

Erica is a reporter for Moose FM and in Fort St. John, B.C. She grew up in Victoria, B.C. and received her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec.