Open fires and campfires are still permitted.
It recommends taking the following precautions:
* Ensure that enough people, water and tools are on hand to control the fire and prevent it from escaping.
* Do not burn during windy conditions. Weather conditions can change quickly and the wind may carry embers to other combustible material and start new fires.
* Create a fireguard at least one metre around the planned fire site by clearing away twigs, grass, leaves and other combustible material.
* If you are planning a large burn, consider conducting smaller burns around the perimeter beforehand to create a fuel break and help stop the fire from spreading beyond its intended size. Each of these fires should be kept small and must be completely extinguished before starting a new fire.
* Never leave a fire unattended. Make sure that your fire is completely extinguished and the ashes are cold to the touch before you leave the area.
Any large scale burns must obtain a burn registration number ahead of time by calling 1-888-797-1717.