The game started out tough for the Huskies, as Sexsmith scored twice on Daimon Derouin, who was making his second start for the Huskies and his first on the road.

With the first period over and the Huskies down 2-0, a completely different team emerged from the visitor’s dressing room in the second. The Huskies looked much sharper, much more focused and a lot hungrier, as the team dominated the hometown Vipers in the middle frame.

The Huskies cut the 2-0 lead in half at 10:35 of the second, when Brighton Campbell received a nice pass up the middle of the ice from Dayne Pederson, springing him on a breakaway. Campbell made no mistake, showcasing a sweet set of hands, pulling the puck from his forehand to his backhand, putting it in the top of the net over the pad of Viper’s goalie, Matteo Santorelli.

The game was tied with 5:01 remaining in the second, when Taylor Greatrex received the puck along the offensive blue line and fired a rocket wrist show crossbar and in, evening the score at 2-2.

The Huskies completed the comeback with 3:27 left in the second, as Robbie Sidhu, one of the NWJHL’s most prolific goal scorers, broke in on a breakaway, faking out Santorelli with some quick stick handles, and roofing the puck for the 3-2, go-ahead-goal.

With Fort St. John leading 3-2 entering the third, the Viper’s showed some tenacity, as the home team battled hard throughout the final period and eventually, their hard work paid off.

Following the some strong work down low in the Huskies zone, the Vipers managed to tie the game at 3-3 with just over four minutes remaining in regulation.

However, the Huskies, determined to extend their winning streak from two to three, took advantage of a penalty late in the game. With the clock showing 1:59 left in regulation, the Huskies power-play went to work, and it was the Huskies first goal scorer, Brighton Campbell, who netted his second of the game, for the game-winning-goal.

Campbell got the puck behind the goal line to the right of Santorelli, electing to just through the rolling puck on net, which squeaked under the pad of the Vipers netminder, producing the game winner.

Huskies forward Dayne Pederson added an empty net goal with less than 30 second left in the game, resulting in the final score of 5-3, despite being out-shot, 36-32.

Prior to the game, Assistant Coach Jeremy Clothier, said the team has been working on their penalty kill, something that showed Friday evening, as the Huskies PK was perfect, killing off all nine Sexsmith power-plays.

Credit must be given to both goaltenders, as both Derouin and Santorelli showed their incredible athletic abilities throughout the game, making countless big saves for their respective clubs, keeping the game a close and exciting affair.

The win for Derouin was a special one, as it was the first start on the road for recently acquired goaltender, who earned his second win in his second start.

Following the game, Brighton Campbell said it was a big win for the club, who feel good right now, and are on a bit of a roll.

That roll continues Saturday, when the pups host the Beaverlodge Blades, a team they passed in the standings with the win in Sexsmith.

Saturday evening’s game begins at 8 p.m. at the North Peace Arena.