Support Fort St John News


Photo: Fire department responds to call late Wednesday evening/ Submitted by Kyle Thomas


Hot dogs were the cause of a fire call late Wednesday night in Fort St. John.

According to Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath, firefighters were called to an apartment building at 85 Ave. and 86 St. just after midnight.

Three fire trucks responded to the call and firefighters found an apartment filled with a large amount of smoke.

Upon further investigation, the department discovered that a pot had been left unattended on a stove because the tenant fell asleep on the couch.

The contents of the pot were burned, causing a large amount of smoke to fill the suite. No fire actually occurred as a result of the incident and no one was hurt.

Report an error

Read our guiding principles

Thanks for reading! is the voice of the Peace, bringing issues that matter to the forefront with independent journalism. Our job is to share the unique values of the Peace region with the rest of B.C. and make sure those in power hear us. From your kids’ lemonade stand to natural resource projects, we cover it – but we need your support. Give $10 a month to today and be the reason we can cover the next story. 

More stories you might like