Truck fire caused by cigarette

The Fort St. John Fire Department has been called to a truck fire Thursday morning.

A pickup truck had caught fire after leaving the Fort St. John Co-op on 100th avenue. The Fire Department believes a cigarette was thrown out the front window of the truck, then it blew into the back seat. They believe it then set the cab of the truck on fire.

The driver was able to pull over and exit the vehicle without injury. The cab of the truck was destroyed.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.