UPDATE Three local teens arrested in connection with a recent rash of B&E incidents

UPDATE Sergeant Steve Perret says police believe the charges laid against the three teenagers account for up to 60 per cent of all residential break and enters that have occurred over the past few months.

Perret says the RCMP are still investigating other break and enters that may result in more charges against the three teenagers.

He adds that the majority of the break and enters occurred in the Matthews Park and Anneofield areas of the city.

 

Following a two month local RCMP investigation, three arrests have been made in connection with a rash of recent local break and enter incidents. 

A police release indicates that 22 charges are being recommended against an 18 year-old man, who just moved to Fort St. John this past spring.

It says the charges stem from 17 break and enters that occurred over a four month period.

Meanwhile, a 14 year-old Fort St. John youth has been charged in connection with two break and enters last month and a 16 year-old, also a city resident, faces charges in one October incident.

The 18 year-old cannot be identified until after his first court appearance later Friday and the two accused youths cannot be named because of their age.

However, police say the three suspects, who all remain in custody, know each other, and the investigation has led police to believe many of the aforementioned B&E’s were connected.

The 18 year-old suspect, believed to be the ring leader, was arrested Monday of this week, after the most recent of his alleged crimes was caught on a homeowner’s suveillance cameras.

The 16 and 14 year-olds were apprehended on Oct. 29 and 30, respectively.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.