The FSJ Knights of Columbus Bantam AA Flyers won their second tournament in three weeks in Dawson Creek this past weekend. Lane Delfs’ outstanding net minding was instrumental in helping the Flyers win all four games in the tournament.

On Friday afternoon, the Flyers were up against the Dawson Creek Canucks and their fans. The Flyers started the scoring four minutes into the game when Chase Allam stopped the Canuck player with a solid check allowing the puck to bounce free and Thomas Webster was able to grab the puck and snap it home.

The Canucks tied the game with eight minutes left in the second but the Flyers regained the lead 2-1 when Webster scored his second from Lien Miller-Jeannotte with only 17 seconds left in the frame.
Ricky Bateman gave the Flyers a little breathing room when he netted one from Alex Hartman five minutes into the third frame. The Canucks made it interesting when they scored at the nine minute mark to make it 3-2 and then were able to get another one by Delfs to tie the game at 4:44. Ten seconds later Miller-Jeannotte scored off the face-off on a nice feed from Gavin Gould. Webster found the empty net with only 17 seconds left to make it a 5-3 final and earn his hattrick. Delfs earned the player of the game.

Again the Flyers started the game strong when they went up 3-0 on Prince George on goals by O’Hanley, Miller-Jeannotte, and Hartman and assists going to Allam and Webster. However, Prince George battled back and scored four consecutive goals in a twenty minute stretch to take the lead 4-3. With more fantastic net minding by Delfs the Flyers were able to keep the game within one and then O’Hanley scored twice to give the Flyers the lead 5-4 with one minute left.
O’Hanley was the player of the game with his hat-trick and strong play.

Later that day, the Flyers beat Smithers 5-1. Allam began the scoring with 4:20 left in the first when he ripped one from the point on a nice passing play with Gould and Kayne Shallow. The Flyers did not score again until Dekker Wilkins snapped one in from Miller-Jeannotte’s centering pass.
Miller-Jeannotte made it 3-0 from Webster and Brittany Bakstad two minutes into the third frame. Smithers scored their only goal at the 14 minute mark to make it 3-1. Webster netted one from Miller-Jeannotte and then Gould blasted one from the point from Bateman and Hartman to finish the scoring. Dekker Wilkins earned the player of the game.

In the final game, the Flyers had to take on Prince George in a rematch in which the game played out in a similar fashion. The Flyers made it 4-0 on goals from Bateman, Miller-Jeannotte, Webster, and O’Hanley and great goal tending by Delfs. Then Prince George was able to get one past Delfs at the nine minute mark of the third to make it 4-1. It was still looking pretty good until the Flyers found themselves in some penalty trouble. Prince George scored two quick power-play goals only twelve seconds apart to make it 4-3 with 3:38 to go in the game. Although Prince George continued to press the Flyers were able to keep the puck out of the net to make it a 4-3 final. Ryan Good was the player of the game.

The Flyers will be playing two home games on Saturday, December 4th at 8:00 am and 4:00 pm at the Pomeroy Sports Center.