House explosion in Chetwynd

No one was hurt in a house explosion in Chetwynd.

On August 21, at about 4:00 pm, the Fire Department received a call of an explosion and fire at a residence in the Crown subdivision of Chetwynd.

The owner of the home was stripping linoleum using acetate.  The fumes from the acetate built up and exploded from contact with the pilot light of the furnace.

The ensuing fire was extinguished by the quick action of the young daughter who was home at the time.  The resident received only minor injuries, but there was substantial damage to the home.

The Chetwynd Fire Department reminds all residents to please be careful at all times and to call 911 at all times in case of an emergency or to report any suspicious activity at all times. 

If you have any photos or video of the explosion, email [email protected]

Do you have a news tip or a story idea?

Send it our way!

This site uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.