Photo: Fire crews inspect this building on 100th Street on Friday – Christine Rumleskie/Energeticcity.ca
By Christine Rumleskie
* Update: Fire crews have successfully put-out the small blaze at the Pryndik Bit & Supply Store on Friday. Fire Chief Fred Burrows says the fire was likely caused by a spark from the chimney. He says it got caught on the roof, and began burning through fiberglass panel and eventually through some styrofoam on the roof. This caused smoke to fill the building. Chief Burrows says an elderly man was inside when crews arrived, and was trying to put out the fire. He was treated in an ambulance on-site and released shortly after. Chief Burrows estimates the damage to be around $1,000.
The Fort St. John Fire Department attended a fire at 8808 100th Street on Friday.
Ambulance crews were also on-site.
The fire is causing minor delays to vehicles travelling in both directions on 100th street.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Thanks for reading!
Energeticcity.ca is the voice of the Peace, bringing issues that matter to the forefront with independent journalism. Our job is to share the unique values of the Peace region with the rest of B.C. and make sure those in power hear us. From your kids’ lemonade stand to natural resource projects, we cover it – but we need your support. Give $10 a month to Energeticcity.ca today and be the reason we can cover the next story.