Toxicology report still pending in Eggers' death

It’s been almost two weeks since Taylor resident Dieter Eggers passed away at the Halfway hot springs near Nakusp, B.C.

He was travelling with his long time friend, 26 year-old Cameron McSorley, when the pair decided to take a break at the hot springs.

The arrowlakenews.com reports that when they arrived, McSorley brewed a batch of magic mushroom tea, and the two drank from the same pot. Eggers died around six hours after drinking the brew.

McSorley says he did not have any adverse reaction to the drink.

According to the article, Eggers’ mother says her son’s internal organs were severely affected. Lorna Gardner told the arrowlakenews.com that the autopsy showed Eggers had a swollen brain and lesions on his heart, lungs and intestines.

The arrowlakenews.com reports that the Nakusp RCMP detachment has attributed Eggers’ death to the consumption of magic mushrooms, although the toxicology results for the case are still pending.

For the full story, Click Here.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.