Fire crews attend Sobeys on Wednesday * Update


Photo: Fire crews attended the Fort St. John Sobeys on Wednesday morning – Christine Rumleskie/Energeticcity.ca

Update:  Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath says Sobeys is now re-opened. He says an electric heater was dirty, and when it started up, it set the fire alarm off.  Redpath says fire crews got the smoke out of the area, and a repairman was on hand to fix the electric heater. The Fort St. John Fire Department reminds residents to get their furnaces and appliances serviced to avoid similar complications.

Fire crews were called to Sobeys on 93rd Avenue on Wednesday.

Although there was no visible smoke emitting from the building, some employees reported smelling smoke.

Fire crews investigated the scene at around 10:30 a.m.