RCMP urges EnCana Bomber to come forward


Photo: Sergeant Tim Shields speaks to reporters on Wednesday morning, as Pouce Coupe Mayor Lyman Clark (right) looks on – Brent Hodson/Energeticcity.ca

The RCMP are urging South Peace residents to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity during the upcoming days.

This Thanksgiving weekend marks the one year anniversary of the first EnCana bombing attack in Tomslake. It also coincides with the deadline of the threat letter that was sent out three months ago.

Sergeant Tim Shields pleaded with the EnCana bomber on Wednesday, asking for a peaceful end to the year-long investigation.

[asset|aid=1963|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=bed9560a9751aa15e4c4108a2d31ca40-Shields 1_2_Pub.mp3]

He says there is no information to suggest that another explosion will happen this weekend.

Last month, the Province announced it would eliminate gas flaring in northern B.C. by 2016.

Pouce Coupe Mayor Lyman Clark says he hopes this quells some animosity between landowners and the oil and gas industry.

[asset|aid=1964|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=bed9560a9751aa15e4c4108a2d31ca40-Lyman Clark 1_1_Pub.mp3]

Sergeant Shields says there still are a handful of residents who will "not cooperate with officers." He says the RCMP will do whatever is "legal, moral and ethical" to investigate.

[asset|aid=1965|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=bed9560a9751aa15e4c4108a2d31ca40-Shields 2_2_Pub.mp3]

Anyone who notices any suspicious activities is urged to call the local authorities.

EnCana is still offering up to $1 million for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest and charge.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.