Excessive smoke forces evacuation for City Hall employees


Photo: Fire crews attended City Hall for around an hour on Thursday afternoon – Christine Rumleskie/Energeticcity.ca

Fort St. John fire crews attended City Hall on Thursday afternoon.

Fire Chief Fred Burrows says there wasn’t a fire; however, someone left the microwave on for too long.

The City Council Chambers and other areas filled with smoke, forcing employees to be evacuated from the building.

Fire crews arrived at the scene around 1:30 p.m., and employees were allowed to return to work at around 2:30 p.m.

Chief Burrows says there wasn’t any damage, although it will take some time to air out the building.
 

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.