House on fire for a second time in four days

A home on 110th Avenue in Fort St. John caught fire Tuesday for the second time in four days.

Fort St. John Fire Crews are on the scene of the fire which broke out just before noon hour on Tuesday.  The first fire happened Saturday and Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath said he thought the fire was caused by an electrical issue.

We will have more on this story as it becomes available.

Below is our story on the fire from Saturday September 26th, 2009

The RCMP and the Fort St. John Fire Department responded to a house fire on 100th avenue in Fort St. John Saturday.

 

Fire crews received the call around 1:45pm and when they arrived on scene there was a lot smoke coming from the rear of the house. Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath, believes the fire started in a bedroom which had been turned into sewing room.  The majority of the damage was contained to the bedroom and a nearby bathroom.  The rest of the home suffered heavy smoke and heat damage. Damage is estimated at several hundred thousand dollars.

 

Redpath believes the fire may have been caused by an electrical failure in the bedroom and he does not believe the fire is suspicious in nature.  The house is located on 110th avenue between 102nd street and 104th street.  No one was at home when the fire broke out.