Want more stories like this? By becoming a Supporter, you help make that possible!
EnCana has doubled its offer of a cash reward for helping solve the Dawson Creek bombings.
EnCana is offering up to $1 million cash for information directly leading to the arrest and prosecution of the individual or individuals responsible for the recent bombings at EnCana facilities in the Tomslake area near Dawson Creek.
“We have doubled our reward, now up to $1 million, in the hope that someone will come forward to help solve these crimes. We are very willing to pay $1 million for information that helps stop these bombings and end these threats to the safety of the people in the Dawson Creek communities,” said Mike Graham, EnCana’s Executive Vice-President & President, Canadian Foothills Division.
“We are confident that someone in the community has information about the identity of the bomber or the location of explosives that would be critical to this investigation”, said Supt. Lloyde Plante, Assistant Criminal Operations Officer – National Security. “We hope that EnCana’s announcement to double the reward will prompt someone to come forward with information that would lead to the arrest of the bomber before someone is hurt or killed.”
EnCana has also relaxed the rules surrounding the reward as staff of EnCana and its contractors are now eligible for the reward. EnCana says they made this change to encourage someone who may have previously been reluctant to share information to now do the right thing.
Persons with information about these bombings who want to qualify for the reward are encouraged to contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in one of the following ways:
• Telephone the RCMP toll-free at 1-866-994-7473
• Go online by visiting: www.dawsoncreekbombings.com
• Visit: www.encana.com and click on the Dawson Creek bombings link to the RCMP website
• Visit your local detachment of the RCMP
The RCMP is investigating six bombings that occurred between October 2008 and July 2009 at three pipeline locations, a metering shed on an EnCana well site and two wellheads. The most recent attack on a wellhead occurred on July 1 and took four days to bring under control.
Below are the full terms and conditions from EnCana
Terms and Conditions of reward payment
The obligation for EnCana Corporation to pay the reward is subject to the following conditions:
1. To qualify for the cash reward, the information and testimony provided must be determined to be of high quality, significantly advancing the investigation of the RCMP and integral to the criminal prosecution of an individual or individuals responsible for any or all of the bombings.
2. After consulting with the RCMP and the Crown Prosecutor assigned to the prosecution, EnCana will determine, in its sole discretion, the monetary value, if any, of any information and assistance provided to the investigation and the prosecution. EnCana’s determination of the value of information shall be final, binding and not reviewable. In the event that more than one person or persons are deemed eligible for the reward, the total of all reward payments will not exceed CDN $1,000,000.
3. EnCana reserves the right to reject a claim for payment of the reward to any individual or individuals providing information if there has been collusion or criminal involvement on their part in any of the bombings or criminal involvement in acquiring information about the bombings.
4. The following words and phrases have the following meanings:
(a) “bombings” means all or any of the explosions which damaged EnCana’s wells and facilities near Dawson Creek, B.C.
(b) “cash reward” means an amount payable in accordance with the directions of the individual or individuals who provided the information and testimony fulfilling the terms and conditions described above.
Thanks for reading!
This holiday season, we want to give back to the people who have supported us this year!
We have partnered with local businesses to create an $800 Shopping Spree Giveaway! One of our Supporters will win the giveaway on December 2 and anyone who becomes one by December 1 will be entered to win as well.