False alarm at Alwin Holland

Fort St. John Fire Chief Fred Burrows has confirmed there was no fire at Alwin Holland School on Monday afternoon.

Rather, someone had left some popcorn cooking in the microwave a little too long, which set of the fire alarm system.

Chief Burrows says the school was evacuated, though youngsters weren’t left standing out in the cold. [asset|aid=1143|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=ad3de82d19e544e0d6f97a9dbff84192-fred-evac_1_Pub.mp3]

Chief Burrows says other than the lingering smell of burned popcorn in the library, there was no damage or injuries.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.