Flyers Split Home Games

The Tier II Midget Flyers continued All Peace League play with two home games over the weekend against Dawson Creek and Rycroft.  Both games were played at the Taylor Arena


The local boys were looking to get back in the win column when they played the Dawson Creek Canucks  Friday night @ 7:00p.m.

The two teams came out fiesty and determined. Dawson Creek opened the scoring with 2:34 to go in the frame . The Canucks built up some momentum during six straight minutes of power play time, including  four minutes of  5 on 3 play . They scored on the power play beating starting Fort St. John net minder Travis McLean.
Undaunted, the Flyers  tied it up with 8 seconds remaining  when Tyson Negus  tapped in a loose puck at the side of the net.

The Flyers outshot the Canucks 11-8 . DC went 1-4 on the PP and Fort St. John 1-3.

Period Two, the Canucks regained the lead 2 minutes in on a nifty backhand shot . The Flyers tied it up on the power play at the 14:22 mark off the stick of Brett Young, assisted by Justin Rattray. Young scored again after a nice three way passing play started by Chad Roberts and Michael Bacso.

The home town boys closed out the period scoring with 2:00 remaining when Adam Bilodeau one timed a slapshot top shelf after a clean face off win by Brett Young.
The flyers outshot their guests 9-7 . DC 0-2 on the PP Fort St. John 1-0.
Period Three saw DC score the only goal with 3:15 remaining on the PP.
Final was DC 3 Fort St. John 4 Shots DC 28 Fort St. John 33 DC 2-7 on PP Fort St. John 2-6.


Looking to build on the winning effort Friday  night , the Flyers welcomed the Rycroft Sharks to the Taylor Arena Saturday afternoon @3:13 p.m.

The visitors came out fast and dominated the period, outshooting the Flyers 16 to 3. Staring Goalie Craig Wozniak held the fort until Rycroft scored on the PP with 7:21 remaining. Fort St. John failed to score on their :18 seconds of power play time.

Period two saw the Flyers come to life. They tied it up early at the 18:14 mark after an alert Coulter Young collected a loose puck at the Fort St. John blueline, outraced all defenders and beat the Sharks netminder.
Rycroft regained the lead on the PP at the 10:41 mark and extended it with a marker at the 7:56 mark.
The Flyers undeterred, fought back with a goal from the stick of Tyson Negus, assisted by acting Captain Justin Rattray. Then again after a tenacious forecheck by Marvin Yahee  turned the puck over in the Sharks zone. Colter Young collected it ,found an unmarked Brett Young who scored with a high wrist shot.
The period ended 3-3

The Flyers were out shot 15-12 Rycroft 0-1 on the PP Fort St. John 0-0.

Period Three promised to be exciting. Rycroft broke the tie 1:42 in and it seemed to take the wind out of the Flyers sails. They scored  3 minutes later and again on a 5-3 power play 2:20 after that. They poured it , potting two more before the horn sounded.

Final Score Shark 8 Flyers 3. Rycroft outshot the Flyers 49 – 19.
 Rycroft 2-7 on PP Fort St. John 0-4
The two teams will meet again Saturday January 31 in Taylor @ 3:15p.m.